This is talk I gave last year at the Resources for Urban Design (RUDI), on the potentials and possibilities offered by new wireless sensor technologies for urban planning and design.
A fun and fast overview. Topics covered include:
- Smart bricks
- RFID sensor networks
- Real time data collection
- Dynamic ride sharing and transportation
- Remote control bulldozers
- Crowdsourced data collection
- Integration of different data models and simulation techniques
- New methods for planning and governance
- City as user interface design
If the video is a bit cramped in the player above, click here for the original page and full width video.